RECEPTION OF IRON AND METALS
We specialise in the recycling of irons and metals. We purchase metal scrap in world’s market prices.
All kind of scrap metals are suitable for recycling. These are examples of scrap metals which we accept:
RECEPTION OF SCRAP VEHICLES
Eurajoen Romu Oy has been licensed by Finnish Car Recycling Ltd to receive and process scrapped cars. We accept scrap vehicles from private individuals and businesses. We also offer tailored services for municipalities and towns.
You can bring your scrap vehicle to our premises or use our collections service. You will obtain an official certificate of destruction in person, or if you use the collection service, the certificate is posted to your home address.
Your identity and the car’s documentation are verified when the car is brought in or collected. We also compare the manufacturer’s vehicle identification number (VIN) against the paperwork to ensure that the two are identical.
Important information concerning paperwork on vehicles
1. If the vehicle is not registered in your name, you must take along the sale or transfer certificate for the vehicle
2. If you are not the last registered owner of the vehicle, you must have an authorisation from the owner. » Download Power of Attorney here
3. If you are not sure who the last owner is, you can check this on Finnish Transport Safety Agency’s website by keying in the VIN number at http://www.trafi.fi/tietopalvelut/trafin_rekisterit/ajoneuvotiedot and following the instructions.
The recycling of a scrap vehicle involves four stages
1. Reception – the vehicle is checked (also for missing or extra materials and objects)
2. Vehicle de-registration – the owner is given an official certificate of destruction. Your obligations and responsibilities for the vehicle end at this point. The insurance company and Finnish Vehicle Administration (Trafi) are notified automatically to end the insurance and taxes on the vehicle. After de-registration the vehicle is in the recycling system and can no longer be re-registered.
3. Pre-processing – the scrap vehicle is dried, i.e. all liquids are removed. At this point the tyres, batteries and the catalytic converter are also removed. Explosive hazards like air bags are removed or are made safe in some other way.
4. After pre-processing the car is sent to be crushed
We belong to a national EE collection network, which means that we are also an official recipient of EE-scrap. EE-scrap means electrical and electronic scrap, or devices that need a current or a battery to operate. Having been declared beyond repair, these devices become EE-scrap.
Things to bear in mind when bringing EE-scrap to be recycled
We recycle different kind of batteries. You can bring us the following types of batteries: Lead-acid, sealed lead-acid (gel or AGM), nickel-cadmium (NiCd), nickel-metal hydride (NiMH), lithium-ion battery (Li-ion), lithium polymer (LiPo). We are an official battery reception point nominated by Suomen Akkukierrätys PB OY. The aforementioned batteries may have been used for instance as:
RECEPTION OF TYRES
You can bring your tyres to us for recycling. We were appointed by Suomen Rengaskierrätys Oy to receive tyres and accept different kind of tyres with or without wheel rims.
RECEPTION OF PLASTICS
We accept clean plastic waste on a case-by-case basis, such as clean plastic waste generated by industry.
RECEPTION OF WOODEN CONTAINERS
We were appointed by Puupakkauskierrätys to receive wooden containers, such as pallets, platforms, boxes, packing frames, support structures and cabling reels. You can bring to us, without charge, all wooden containers. Please remove all non-wooden parts, such as plastics, from the containers!
Intact platforms are reused and reparable platforms are sent to our affiliates in sensible batches. Irreparable platforms are chipped. Some of the woodchip ends up as combustion energy and some is recycled in other ways. We actively search for new recycling opportunities for woodchip.
Wooden containers can be recycled as raw material for chipboard and in manufacturing new containers, in green building and through composting.